An easy, budget friendly meal to get salmon into your diet (great souce of Omega 3’s).
- Large can (415g) pink salmon
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute onions in 1 tbsp olive oil until cooked through.
- Drain liquid from the salmon.
- Combine salmon, onion, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper. If mixture too wet add a little more breadcrumbs.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Melt butter and oil in a pan.
- Brown salmon patties on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side).
- Place cooked patties on a paper towl to absorb excess oil.