This recipe was supposed to be a Banana Loaf, inspired by the lovely Naturopath Helen Ridge over at Alive Natural Health but it turns out that I didn’t quite have all the right ingredients (ha, usual story!). I couldn’t even find my loaf tin, damnit! So now we have Gluten Free Banana Muffins, but they’re delicious!
- 2 free range or organic eggs
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (original recipe used maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence, I use Heilala
Preheat oven to 170c.
Sift both flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix. In another bowl mash bananas with a fork then add sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and mix together. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and fold together, don’t over mix.
Add to muffin tray that holds 12 (or like the original recipe, make a loaf in a loaf tin). Bake for 30 minutes.