My Mum makes this one all the time from the Pete Evans Family Cook Book. Keep it in the freezer and snap off a piece when you have that sweet craving!
- 1cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries, dried blueberries, raisons or goji (a mix is yum)
- Preheat the over to 160C and line a deep baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all the nuts on the baking tray and roast for 5 minutes until golden, put aside to cool.
- Transfer nuts to food processor and pulse 4-5 times until coarsely ground.
- Place nuts in a large bowl, then stir in the almond meal and shredded coconut.
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter in a small saucepan over the medium heat. Add the honey, vanilla, sea salt and mix well. Pour the honey mixture over the nut dry mixture, add all the dried fruit and mix until well combined.
- Spoon this into a prepared tray and smooth out using a palette knife. Refrigerate for 1 -2 hours. Once set you can cut into slices or bars.
- Best to store in the freezer as can melt a bit due to the coconut oil. Really nice cold too!