Are you sick of savoury breakfasts? Here is a sweeter style brekky with a good amount of protein to keep you feeling satisfied for hours. The traditional bircher muesli was often soaked in apple juice which is obviously full of natural fruit sugars (that act just like sugar when they hit your bloodstream,
especially when theres no fibre present). This bircher contains plenty of healthy fats and I’ve ditched the oats if you are looking for lower carb options.
- 1 apple grated (green is best)
- 1 cup milk of choice (full fat cows or nut milk)
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp LSA
- 1 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 serve protein powder eg). Vanilla Go Good or Nuzest, I stock get in touch.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except protein powder and place in the fridge covered overnight.
- When you wake up the next morning, stir in the protein and add small handful blueberries.
- If mixture too dry add a little extra milk in the morning.