Whip these up and bung them in the freezer. I’ve been offering them to our 10 month old and he loves them.
Great source of protein and fats, gluten free (many recipes add flour but its not necessary and healthier not to). Bacon is not essential to this recipe, we very rarely buy it. But the Hendersons brand contains no chemicals and gives the muffins that extra flavour your groms will (hopefully) love.
Makes 12 mini muffins.
- 8 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 rasher Henderson Middle Bacon
- 40g basil feta (about 1/4 of packet)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Handful spinach
- 1/4-1/2 broccoli finely chopped
- 1 large grated potato
*You could also use 1/2 cup frozen peas, carrots and corn. Or any veggies you wish eg) grated zucchini, finely diced capsicum, grated kumera – basically anything. The more the better. If you have to be sneaky for your kids, then be sneaky. Do everything you can to get them veggies in!
- Finely chop onion and fry together with bacon. Add broccoli and spinach and cook for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients, including whats in the fry pan.
- Mix together and pour into muffin tray.
- Bake at about 180 for approx 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Photo proof of enjoyment.